BMet: Smart, connected finance improves education outcomes
BMet wanted finance to work smarter, putting data at the center of management reporting and decision-making. However, the on-premise Unit4 Dream Financials deployment was also nearing end-of-life.
Since implementing Unit4 ERP, BMet has a connected, automated finance system that was created across the entire College campus. In addition to this, now they enjoy timely, accurate financial data has led to transparent, informed, and faster decision-making
Birmingham Metropolitan College (BMet) is a further and higher education college supporting almost 18,000 students across 10 campuses. The college offers a wide range of courses, including A Levels, BTECs, and HND/ foundation degrees.
As BMet acquired and merged with other colleges and campuses, growing geographical sprawl made it difficult for the College’s finance team to manage a unified finance ledger. BMet wanted finance to work smarter, putting data at the center of management reporting and decision-making. However, the on-premise Unit4 Dream Financials deployment was also nearing end-of-life.
12 days annual time saved on management accounting
Monthly forecasts – previously, forecasts were produced quarterly
20 minutes saved on each expense claim
“Thanks to Unit4, we have complete visibility and control over each capital project, the schedule, resources invoiced, and cost versus budget. Armed with this insight, BMet can maximize the return on investment and build a college which is fit for the future.”
– Fiona Yardley, Finance Director, Birmingham Metropolitan College
Informed financial decisions — ‘Single version of truth’ accelerates decisions; everyone is on the same page and talks the same finance language.
- Transparency and control: Individuals share timely, accurate, and granular finance reports in seconds, with complete data integrity.
- Increased agility: Self-driving – staff administer many processes themselves, quickly and in a more satisfying interface.
- Building on the existing Dreams deployment, Unit4 offered strong services-centric ERP, featuring flexible configuration and deeper project-based capabilities.
- A connected, automated finance system was created across the entire College campus.
- Timely, accurate financial data has led to transparent, informed, and faster decision-making.
- According to BMet, “The Unit4 people we engage with are exceptionally professional and really understand our education objectives.”